1. a disagreement or argument about something important 2. to go against, as of rules and laws 3. a hostile meeting of opposing military forces in the course of a war 4. an open clash between two opposing groups (or individuals)
Example : the harder the conflict the more glorious the triumph--Thomas Paine
5. an incompatibility of dates or events
Example : We noticed a conflict in the dates of the two meetings.
6. opposition between two simultaneous but incompatible feelings
Example : They were immobilized by conflict and indecision.
7. opposition in a work of drama or fiction between characters or forces, especially an opposition that motivates the development of the plot
Example : This form of conflict is essential to Mann's writing.
8. a state of opposition between persons or ideas or interests
Example : The conflict of interest made them ineligible for the post.
9. to be in conflict
Example : The two proposals conflict!
Translation for "conflict"
conflict meaning in Spanish : conflicto conflict meaning in German : Konflikt conflict meaning in Japanese : 対立 conflict meaning in Turkish : fikir ayrılığı conflict meaning in Chinese : 冲突 conflict meaning in Arabic : نزاع conflict meaning in Polish : konflikt conflict meaning in Hindi : संघर्ष conflict meaning in French : conflit conflict meaning in Russian : конфликт conflict meaning in Tamil : மோதல் conflict meaning in Telugu : సంఘర్షణ