1. to plug into an outlet 2. to establish communication with someone
Example : did you finally connect with your long-lost cousin?
3. to make a logical or causal connection
Example : I cannot connect these two pieces of evidence in my mind
4. to connect, fasten, or put together two or more pieces
Example : Can you connect the two loudspeakers?
5. to be or become joined, united, or linked
Example : The two streets connect to become a highway.
6. to join for the purpose of communication
Example : Operator, could you connect me to the Raffles in Singapore?
7. to join by means of communication equipment
Example : The telephone company finally put in lines to connect the towns in this area.
8. to land on or hit solidly
Example : The brick connected on their head, knocking them out.
9. to hit or play a ball successfully
Example : The batter connected for a home run.
10. to establish a rapport or relationship
Example : The President of this university really connects with the faculty.
11. to be scheduled so as to provide continuing service, as in transportation
Example : The local train does not connect with the Amtrak train
Translation for "connect"
connect meaning in Spanish : conectar connect meaning in German : verbinden connect meaning in Japanese : 接続する connect meaning in Turkish : bağlamak connect meaning in Chinese : 连 connect meaning in Arabic : الاتصال connect meaning in Polish : połączyć connect meaning in Hindi : जुडिये connect meaning in French : relier connect meaning in Russian : соединять connect meaning in Tamil : இணைக்க connect meaning in Telugu : కనెక్ట్