1. a channel for communication between groups
Example : We should establish a contact.
2. to be in or establish communication with
Example : I am in contact with the President.
3. to be in direct physical contact with
Example : I contacted my lover's hair.
4. the physical coming together of two or more things
Example : Contact with the pier scraped paint from the hull.
5. the act of touching physically
Example : Their fingers came in contact with the light switch.
6. a junction where things, as two electrical conductors, touch or are in physical contact
Example : They forget to solder the contacts.
7. a thin curved glass or plastic lens designed to fit over the cornea in order to correct vision or to deliver medication
Example : I need to buy new contacts.
8. a communicative interaction
Example : The pilot made contact with the base.
9. a person who is in a position to give you special assistance
Example : They used their business contacts to get an introduction to the governor.
10. close interaction
Example : They kept in daily contact.
11. the state or condition of touching or of being in immediate proximity
Example : Litmus paper turns red on contact with an acid.
Translation for "contact"
contact meaning in Spanish : contacto contact meaning in German : Kontakt contact meaning in Japanese : 接触 contact meaning in Turkish : temas contact meaning in Chinese : 联系 contact meaning in Arabic : اتصل contact meaning in Polish : kontakt contact meaning in Hindi : संपर्क करें contact meaning in French : contact contact meaning in Russian : контакт contact meaning in Tamil : தொடர்பு contact meaning in Telugu : పరిచయం