1. the sum or range of what has been perceived, discovered, or learned 2. satisfied or showing satisfaction with things as they are
Example : I gave a content smile as the dessert arrived.
3. something, such as a person, object, or scene, selected by an artist or photographer for graphic representation
Example : The content of the portrait was the sitting monarch.
4. what a communication is about
Example : The content of the message was unclear to me.
5. the amount that can be contained
Example : The content of the fridge was around forty litres.
6. the state of being contented with your situation in life
Example : I was content after a long day at work.
7. everything that is included in a collection that is held or included in something
Example : They emptied the contents of their pockets.
8. the proportion of a substance that is contained in a mixture or alloy etc.
Example : The iron content in the alloy was only 5%.
9. to satisfy in a limited way
Example : I contented myself with one glass of beer per day.
10. to make content
Example : Your appearance at the party contented me!
Translation for "content"
content meaning in Spanish : contenido content meaning in German : Inhalt content meaning in Japanese : コンテンツ content meaning in Turkish : içerik content meaning in Chinese : 内容 content meaning in Arabic : يحتوى content meaning in Polish : zawartość content meaning in Hindi : सामग्री content meaning in French : contenu content meaning in Russian : содержание content meaning in Tamil : உள்ளடக்கம் content meaning in Telugu : కంటెంట్