1. to continue talking
Example : I know it's hard, they continued, but there is no choice.
3. to allow to remain in a place or position or maintain a property or feature
Example : We cannot continue several servants any longer
4. to keep or maintain in unaltered condition
Example : They continued the treatment.
5. to continue a certain state, condition, or activity
Example : I continued to play video games until the early morning hours.
6. to span an interval of distance, space or time 7. to remain in a place, position, or situation
Example : I continued as the head of department.
8. to do something repeatedly and showing no intention to stop
Example : We continued our research into the cause of the illness
9. to exist over a prolonged period of time
Example : The bad weather continued for two more weeks.
10. to continue after an interruption
Example : The demonstration continued after a break for lunch
Translation for "continue"
continue meaning in Spanish : continuar continue meaning in German : fortsetzen continue meaning in Japanese : 持続する continue meaning in Turkish : devam et continue meaning in Chinese : 继续 continue meaning in Arabic : استمر continue meaning in Polish : dalej continue meaning in Hindi : जारी रहना continue meaning in French : continuer continue meaning in Russian : Продолжить continue meaning in Tamil : தொடர்ந்து continue meaning in Telugu : కొనసాగించడానికి