1. to make someone agree, understand, or realize the truth or validity of something 2. to exchange or replace with another, usually of the same kind or category
Example : Could you convert my dollars into pounds?
3. to exchange a penalty for a less severe one 4. to change from one system to another or to a new plan or policy
Example : We converted from 220 to 110 Volt.
5. a person who has been converted to another religious or political belief 6. to change in nature, purpose, or function 7. to change the nature, purpose, or function of something
Example : convert lead into gold
8. to change religious beliefs, or adopt a religious belief
Example : I converted to Buddhism.
9. to cause to adopt a new or different faith
Example : The missionaries converted the Indian population
11. to complete successfully 12. to score an extra point or points after touchdown by kicking the ball through the uprights or advancing the ball into the end zone
Example : I converted and my team won.
Translation for "convert"
convert meaning in Spanish : convertir convert meaning in German : Konvertieren convert meaning in Japanese : 変換する convert meaning in Turkish : dönüştürmek convert meaning in Chinese : 兑换 convert meaning in Arabic : تحول convert meaning in Polish : konwertować convert meaning in Hindi : बदलना convert meaning in French : convertir convert meaning in Russian : перерабатывать convert meaning in Tamil : மாற்ற convert meaning in Telugu : మార్చేందుకు