1. the intersection of two streets
Example : They were standing on the corner, watching people pass by.
2. (architecture) solid exterior angle of a building
Example : Let's meet at the north east corner of the library.
3. an interior angle formed by two meeting walls
Example : A clown danced alone in one corner of the room.
4. a small concavity
Example : They were found hiding in a corner under an old blanket.
5. a predicament from which a skillful or graceful escape is impossible
Example : The cops got them into a tight corner with those gun charges.
6. to force a person or an animal into a position from which he cannot escape
Example : Lions react angrily when they are cornered.
7. the point where two lines meet or intersect
Example : The corners of a rectangle are 90 degrees.
8. a place off to the side of an area
Example : The ball bounced to the rightfield corner.
9. a remote area
Example : In many corners of the world, slavery is still practiced.
10. the point where three areas or surfaces meet or intersect
Example : The corners of a cube are where the planes meet.
11. a projecting part where two sides or edges meet
Example : They broke the corner off that sculpture.
12. a temporary monopoly on a kind of commercial trade
Example : They think they have a corner on the silver market, but we'll show them!
13. to turn a corner
Example : This car corners really fast.
14. to gain control over
Example : The youths were trying to corner the market for snow removal.
Translation for "corner"
corner meaning in Spanish : esquina corner meaning in German : Ecke corner meaning in Japanese : コーナー corner meaning in Turkish : köşe corner meaning in Chinese : 角 corner meaning in Arabic : ركن corner meaning in Polish : kąt corner meaning in Hindi : कोना corner meaning in French : coin corner meaning in Russian : угол corner meaning in Tamil : மூலையில் corner meaning in Telugu : మూలలో