1. to determine the number or amount of
Example : Can you count the books on your shelf?
2. to show consideration for
Example : take into account
4. to take account of
Example : I did not count of the blue sky.
5. to have faith or confidence in
Example : You can count on me to help you any time.
6. to put into a group
Example : The academy counts several Nobel Prize winners among its members.
7. a nobleman (in various countries) having rank equal to a British earl 8. the total number counted
Example : a blood count
9. to include as if by counting
Example : I can count my colleagues in the opposition.
10. to name or recite the numbers in ascending order
Example : The toddler could count to 100.
11. to have a certain value or carry a certain weight
Example : Each answer counts as three points.
Translation for "count"
count meaning in Spanish : contar count meaning in German : Anzahl count meaning in Japanese : カウント count meaning in Turkish : saymak count meaning in Chinese : 计数 count meaning in Arabic : عد count meaning in Polish : liczyć count meaning in Hindi : गिनती count meaning in French : compter count meaning in Russian : подсчитывать count meaning in Tamil : எண்ண count meaning in Telugu : కౌంట్