2. a tribunal that is presided over by a magistrate or by one or more judges who administer justice according to the laws 3. to make amorous advances towards
Example : John is courting Mary
4. respectful deference
Example : pay court to the emperor
5. an area wholly or partly surrounded by walls or buildings
Example : the house was built around an inner court
6. a room in which a lawcourt sits
Example : television cameras were admitted in the courtroom
7. the sovereign and his advisers who are the governing power of a state 8. the family and retinue of a sovereign or prince 9. an assembly (including one or more judges) to conduct judicial business 10. to seek someone's favor 11. a specially marked horizontal area within which a game is played
Example : players had to reserve a court in advance
12. the residence of a sovereign or nobleman
Example : the king will visit the duke's court
13. to engage in social activities leading to marriage
Example : We were courting for over ten years before we finally married.
Translation for "court"
court meaning in Spanish : Corte court meaning in German : Gericht court meaning in Japanese : 裁判所 court meaning in Turkish : mahkeme court meaning in Chinese : 法庭 court meaning in Arabic : محكمة court meaning in Polish : Sąd court meaning in Hindi : कोर्ट court meaning in French : tribunal court meaning in Russian : суд court meaning in Tamil : நீதிமன்றம் court meaning in Telugu : కోర్టు