1. a long narrow depression in a surface 2. a purified and potent form of cocaine that is smoked rather than snorted 3. the act of cracking something 4. a usually brief attempt
Example : The manager took a crack at the problem their employee had been working at.
5. a narrow opening
Example : I opened the window a crack to let the smoke escape.
7. a sudden sharp noise
Example : the crack of a whip
9. a chance to do something 10. to become fractured
Example : The screen cracked on my phone.
11. to break suddenly and abruptly, as under tension 12. to pass through a barrier
Example : Registrations cracked through the 30,000 mark in the county
13. to suffer a nervous breakdown
Example : After weeks of stressful work, I finally cracked.
14. to make a sharp sound 15. of the highest quality 16. a blemish resulting from a break without complete separation of the parts
Example : there was a crack in the mirror
17. to break into simpler molecules by means of heat
Example : The petroleum cracked
18. to reduce petroleum to a simpler compound by cracking 19. to cause to become cracked
Example : heat and light cracked the back of the leather chair
20. to break partially but keep its integrity
Example : The glass cracked.
21. to tell spontaneously
Example : crack a joke
22. to hit forcefully
Example : My hard tackle cracked the opponent's helmet.
23. to make a very sharp explosive sound
Example : Their gun cracked.
24. to gain unauthorized access computers with malicious intentions
Example : You cracked my password.
Translation for "crack"
crack meaning in Spanish : grieta crack meaning in German : Riss crack meaning in Japanese : クラック crack meaning in Turkish : çatlak crack meaning in Chinese : 裂纹 crack meaning in Arabic : الكراك crack meaning in Polish : pęknięcie crack meaning in Hindi : दरार crack meaning in French : fissure crack meaning in Russian : трещина crack meaning in Tamil : கிராக் crack meaning in Telugu : క్రాక్