1. a short note recognizing a source of information or of a quoted passage 2. recognition by a college or university that a course of studies has been successfully completed 3. an estimate, based on previous dealings, of a person's or an organization's ability to fulfill their financial commitments 5. arrangement for deferred payment for goods and services 6. an accounting entry acknowledging income or capital items 7. to ascribe an achievement to
Example : They were not properly credited in the program.
8. used in the phrase 'to your credit' in order to indicate an achievement deserving praise
Example : I already had several performances to my credit.
9. an entry on a list of persons who contributed to a film or written work
Example : the credits were given at the end of the film
10. money available for a client to borrow 12. to give someone credit for something
Example : We credited them for saving our jobs.
13. to enter as credit, in accounting
Example : We credited your account with $100 for the returned goods.
Translation for "credit"
credit meaning in Spanish : crédito credit meaning in German : Kredit credit meaning in Japanese : クレジット credit meaning in Turkish : kredi credit meaning in Chinese : 信用 credit meaning in Arabic : ائتمان credit meaning in Polish : kredyt credit meaning in Hindi : श्रेय credit meaning in French : crédit credit meaning in Russian : кредит credit meaning in Tamil : கடன் credit meaning in Telugu : క్రెడిట్