"crown" Meaning in English
1. an ornamental jeweled headdress signifying sovereignty 2. the center of a cambered road 3. (dentistry) dental appliance consisting of an artificial crown for a broken or decayed tooth
Example : tomorrow my dentist will fit me for a crown
5. the award given to the champion 6. the top or extreme point of something (usually a mountain or hill) 7. the upper branches and leaves of a tree or other plant 8. to be the culminating event
Example : The speech crowned the meeting
9. to invest with regal power 10. the part of a hat (the vertex) that covers the crown of the head 11. a wreath or garland worn on the head to signify victory 12. the part of a tooth above the gum that is covered with enamel 13. an English coin worth 5 shillings 14. to put an enamel cover on
Example : The dentist crowned my tooth.
15. to form the topmost part of
Example : A weather vane crowns the building.
16. the Crown (or the reigning monarch) as the symbol of the power and authority of a monarchy
Example : the colonies revolted against the Crown
Translation for "crown"
crown meaning in Spanish : corona crown meaning in German : Krone crown meaning in Russian : корона crown meaning in Portuguese : coroa crown meaning in Chinese : 王冠 crown meaning in Japanese : クラウン crown meaning in Tamil : கிரீடம் crown meaning in Arabic : تاج crown meaning in Turkish : taç crown meaning in Hindi : ताज crown meaning in Telugu : కిరీటం crown meaning in French : couronne
Examples containing "crown"There are no examples. You can write here and submit.
You can write here and submit more examples.