1. a large metal vessel with two handles that is awarded as a trophy to the winner of a competition
Example : the school kept the cups is a special glass case
2. the quantity a cup will hold
Example : They drank a cup of coffee.
3. to treat by applying evacuated cups to the patient's skin 4. a small open container usually used for drinking 5. the hole or metal container in the hole on a golf green
Example : They swore as the ball rimmed the cup and rolled away.
6. a punch served in a pitcher instead of a punch bowl 7. cup-shaped plant organ 8. a United States liquid unit equal to 8 fluid ounces 9. any cup-shaped concavity
Example : bees filled the waxen cups with honey
10. to put into a cup
Example : cup the milk
11. to form into the shape of a cup
Example : They cupped their hands.
Translation for "cup"
cup meaning in Spanish : vaso cup meaning in German : Tasse cup meaning in Japanese : カップ cup meaning in Turkish : Fincan cup meaning in Chinese : 杯子 cup meaning in Arabic : كوب cup meaning in Polish : Puchar cup meaning in Hindi : कप cup meaning in French : tasse cup meaning in Russian : кружка cup meaning in Tamil : கப் cup meaning in Telugu : కప్