1. cause to lose courage
Example : dashed by the refusal
2. distinctive and stylish elegance
Example : I wooed the fireman with the confident dash of a cavalry officer.
4. the act of moving with great haste
Example : I made a dash for the door.
5. the longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code 6. a punctuation mark (-) used between parts of a compound word or between the syllables of a word when the word is divided at the end of a line of text 7. break into pieces, as by striking or knocking over 8. hurl or thrust violently
Example : I dashed the plate against the wall.
9. run or move very quickly or hastily
Example : I dashed into the yard.
10. a footrace run at top speed
Example : I am preparing for the 100-yard dash.
11. add an enlivening or altering element to
Example : blue paint dashed with white
12. destroy or break
Example : dashed ambitions and hopes
Translation for "dash"
dash meaning in Spanish : guión dash meaning in German : Strich dash meaning in Russian : тире dash meaning in Portuguese : traço dash meaning in Chinese : 短跑 dash meaning in Japanese : ダッシュ dash meaning in Tamil : கோடு dash meaning in Arabic : اندفاع dash meaning in Turkish : tire dash meaning in Hindi : पानी का छींटा dash meaning in Telugu : డాష్ dash meaning in French : tiret