2. a meeting arranged in advance
Example : They asked how to avoid kissing at the end of a date.
3. a participant in a date
Example : My date never stopped talking.
4. a particular but unspecified point in time
Example : they hoped to get together at an early date
5. stamp with a date
Example : The package is dated November 24
6. sweet edible fruit of the date palm with a single long woody seed 7. the present
Example : they are up to date
8. the specified day of the month
Example : what is the date today?
9. a particular day specified as the time something happens
Example : the date of the election is set by law
10. the particular day, month, or year that an event occurred
Example : We tried to memorize all the dates for our history class.
11. assign a date to
Example : determine the (probable) date of
12. provide with a dateline
Example : mark with a date
Translation for "date"
date meaning in Spanish : fecha date meaning in German : Datum date meaning in Japanese : 日付 date meaning in Turkish : tarih date meaning in Chinese : 日期 date meaning in Arabic : تاريخ date meaning in Polish : data date meaning in Hindi : दिनांक date meaning in French : rendez-vous amoureux date meaning in Russian : Дата date meaning in Tamil : தேதி date meaning in Telugu : తేదీ