1. time for Earth to make a complete rotation on its axis
Example : two days later they left
2. the time after sunrise and before sunset while it is light outside
Example : the dawn turned night into day
3. the time for one complete rotation of the earth relative to a particular star, about 4 minutes shorter than a mean solar day 4. a period of opportunity
Example : Every person deserves their day in court.
5. some point or period in time
Example : it should arrive any day now
6. the recurring hours when you are not sleeping, especially those when you are working
Example : My day began early this morning.
7. a day assigned to a particular purpose or observance 8. the period of time taken by a particular planet (e.g. Mars) to make a complete rotation on its axis
Example : how long is a day on Jupiter?
9. an era of existence or influence
Example : in the day of the dinosaurs
Translation for "day"
day meaning in Spanish : día day meaning in German : Tag day meaning in Japanese : 日 day meaning in Turkish : gün day meaning in Chinese : 天 day meaning in Arabic : يوم day meaning in Polish : dzień day meaning in Hindi : दिन day meaning in French : journée day meaning in Russian : день day meaning in Tamil : நாள் day meaning in Telugu : రోజు