1. proclaimed or stated to be
Example : Because they were no longer able to take care of their own affairs, they were declared incompetent.
2. announce publicly or officially
Example : The President declared war
3. state firmly
Example : We declared that we were innocent.
4. proclaim one's support, sympathy, or opinion for or against
Example : I declared at once for moving back to the United States.
5. state emphatically and authoritatively
Example : They declared that they needed more money to carry out the task.
6. make a declaration of dutiable goods to a customs official
Example : Do you have anything to declare?
7. designate (a trump suit or no-trump) with the final bid of a hand 8. authorize payments of
Example : declare dividends
Translation for "declare"
declare meaning in Spanish : declarar declare meaning in German : erklären declare meaning in Japanese : 宣言する declare meaning in Turkish : bildirmek declare meaning in Chinese : 宣布 declare meaning in Arabic : أعلن declare meaning in Polish : ogłosić declare meaning in Hindi : घोषित declare meaning in French : déclarer declare meaning in Russian : объявлять declare meaning in Tamil : அறிவிக்க declare meaning in Telugu : డిక్లేర్