1. a position on a scale of intensity or amount or quality 2. an award conferred by a college or university signifying that the recipient has satisfactorily completed a course of study
Example : I earned my degree at Princeton summa cum laude.
3. a measure for arcs and angles
Example : there are 360 degrees in a circle
4. a specific identifiable position in a continuum or series or especially in a process
Example : a remarkable degree of frankness
5. the seriousness of something (e.g., a burn or crime)
Example : murder in the second degree
6. the highest power of a term or variable 7. a unit of temperature on a specified scale
Example : the game was played in spite of the 40-degree temperature
Translation for "degree"
degree meaning in Spanish : la licenciatura degree meaning in German : Grad degree meaning in Japanese : 度 degree meaning in Turkish : derece degree meaning in Chinese : 学位 degree meaning in Arabic : الدرجة العلمية degree meaning in Polish : stopień degree meaning in Hindi : हद degree meaning in French : diplôme degree meaning in Russian : степень degree meaning in Tamil : பட்டம் degree meaning in Telugu : డిగ్రీ