1. an arrangement scheme
Example : the awkward design of the keyboard made operation difficult
2. something intended as a guide for making something else 3. an anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions 4. make or work out a plan for 6. the act of working out the form of something, as by making a sketch or outline or plan
Example : We contributed to the design of a new instrument.
7. a decorative or artistic work
Example : the coach had a design on the doors
8. the creation of something in the mind 9. intend or have as a purpose
Example : They designed to go far in the world of business.
10. plan something for a specific role or purpose or effect
Example : This room is not designed for work
11. conceive or fashion in the mind 12. create the design for 13. create designs
Example : Dupont designs for the house of Chanel
14. a preliminary sketch indicating the plan for something
Example : the design of a building
Translation for "design"
design meaning in Spanish : diseño design meaning in German : Design design meaning in Japanese : 設計 design meaning in Turkish : dizayn design meaning in Chinese : 设计 design meaning in Arabic : التصميم design meaning in Polish : projekt design meaning in Hindi : डिज़ाइन design meaning in French : conception design meaning in Russian : дизайн design meaning in Tamil : வடிவமைப்பு design meaning in Telugu : రూపకల్పన