1. the act of making some area of land or water more profitable or productive or useful
Example : the development of Alaskan resources
2. processing a photosensitive material in order to make an image visible
Example : The development and printing of the pictures took only two hours.
3. a process in which something passes by degrees to a different stage, especially a more advanced or mature stage
Example : The development of this idea took many years.
4. (biology) the process of an individual organism growing organically 5. act of improving by expanding or enlarging or refining
Example : I congratulated them on their development of a plan to meet the emergency.
6. (music) the section of a composition or movement (especially in sonata form) where the major musical themes are developed and elaborated 7. a recent event that has some relevance for the present situation
Example : recent developments in Iraq
8. a district that has been developed to serve some purpose
Example : such land is practical for small park developments
9. a state in which things are improving
Translation for "development"
development meaning in Spanish : desarrollo development meaning in German : Entwicklung development meaning in Japanese : 開発 development meaning in Turkish : gelişme development meaning in Chinese : 发展 development meaning in Arabic : تطوير development meaning in Polish : rozwój development meaning in Hindi : विकास development meaning in French : développement development meaning in Russian : развитие development meaning in Tamil : வளர்ச்சி development meaning in Telugu : అభివృద్ధి