1. the entrance (the space in a wall) through which you enter or leave a room or building
Example : the space that a door can close
2. a swinging or sliding barrier that will close the entrance to a room or building or vehicle
Example : I knocked on the door.
3. a room that is entered via a door
Example : My office is the third door down the hall on the left.
4. a structure where people live or work, usually ordered along a street or road
Example : We often go to lunch with the workers from the office next door.
5. anything providing a means of access (or escape)
Example : we closed the door to Haitian immigrants
Translation for "door"
door meaning in Spanish : puerta door meaning in German : Tür door meaning in Japanese : ドア door meaning in Turkish : kapı door meaning in Chinese : 门 door meaning in Arabic : باب door meaning in Polish : drzwi door meaning in Hindi : द्वार door meaning in French : porte door meaning in Russian : дверь door meaning in Tamil : கதவை door meaning in Telugu : తలుపు