1. force into some kind of situation, condition, or course of action 3. the phenomenon of resistance to motion through a fluid 4. proceed for an extended period of time
Example : The speech dragged on for two hours
5. search (as the bottom of a body of water) for something valuable or lost 6. draw slowly or heavily 7. walk without lifting the feet 8. to lag or linger behind
Example : But in so many other areas we still are dragging
9. a slow inhalation (as of tobacco smoke) 10. clothing that is conventionally worn by the opposite sex: especially women's clothing when worn by a man
Example : I went to the party dressed in drag.
11. something tedious and boring
Example : peeling potatoes is a drag
12. something that slows or delays progress
Example : taxation is a drag on the economy
13. persuade to come away from something attractive or interesting
Example : They dragged me away from the television set.
14. pull, as against a resistance
Example : They dragged the big suitcase behind them.
15. move slowly and as if with great effort 16. use a computer mouse to move icons on the screen and select commands from a menu
Example : drag this icon to the lower right hand corner of the screen
17. the act of dragging (pulling with force)
Example : the drag up the hill exhausted him
Translation for "drag"
drag meaning in Spanish : arrastrar drag meaning in German : ziehen drag meaning in Japanese : ドラッグ drag meaning in Turkish : sürüklemek drag meaning in Chinese : 拖动 drag meaning in Arabic : سحب drag meaning in Polish : opór drag meaning in Hindi : खींचें drag meaning in French : traîne drag meaning in Russian : тащить, тянуть drag meaning in Tamil : இழுவை drag meaning in Telugu : డ్రాగ్