1. take in, also metaphorically 2. make a mark or lines on a surface
Example : draw a line
3. an entertainer who attracts large audiences
Example : The singer was the biggest draw on the marquee for tonight's show.
4. remove (a commodity) from (a supply source) 5. pull (a person) apart with four horses tied to his extremities, so as to execute him
Example : in the old days, people were drawn and quartered for certain crimes
6. the finish of a contest in which the score is tied and the winner is undecided
Example : the game ended in a draw
7. remove the entrails of
Example : draw a chicken
9. thread on or as if on a string 10. direct toward itself or oneself by means of some psychological power or physical attributes 11. earn or achieve a base by being walked by the pitcher 12. take liquid out of a container or well 13. bring, take, or pull out of a container or from under a cover
Example : draw a weapon
15. cause to move in a certain direction by exerting a force upon, either physically or in an abstract sense 17. the act of drawing or hauling something 18. poker in which a player can discard cards and receive substitutes from the dealer
Example : The sailor played only draw and stud.
19. in American football, the quarterback moves back as if to pass and then hands the ball to the fullback who is running toward the line of scrimmage
Example : The draw outsmarted the defense.
20. a golf shot that curves to the left for a right-handed golfer 21. anything (straws or pebbles etc.) taken or chosen at random
Example : the luck of the draw
23. make, formulate, or derive in the mind
Example : I draw a line here
24. choose at random
Example : draw a card
25. finish a game with an equal number of points, goals, etc. 26. suck in or take (air)
Example : draw a deep breath
27. pass over, across, or through 28. stretch back a bowstring (on an archer's bow)
Example : The archers were drawing their bows
29. cause to move by pulling
Example : draw a wagon
30. engage in drawing
Example : The artist spent the day drawing in the garden.
31. represent by making a drawing of, as with a pencil, chalk, etc. on a surface 32. write a legal document or paper
Example : The deed was drawn in the lawyer's office
33. elicit responses, such as objections, criticism, applause, etc. 34. move or go steadily or gradually 35. require a specified depth for floating
Example : This boat draws 70 inches
36. allow a draft
Example : This chimney draws very well
37. a playing card or cards dealt or taken from the pack
Example : I got a pair of kings in the draw.
38. a gully that is shallower than a ravine 39. cause to localize at one point 40. flatten, stretch, or mold metal or glass, by rolling or by pulling it through a die or by stretching
Example : draw steel
42. reduce the diameter of (a wire or metal rod) by pulling it through a die
Example : draw wire
43. bring or lead someone to a certain action or condition
Example : I was drawn to despair.
44. select or take in from a given group or region
Example : The participants in the experiment were drawn from a representative population
45. move or pull so as to cover or uncover something
Example : draw the shades
Translation for "draw"
draw meaning in Spanish : dibujar draw meaning in German : zeichnen draw meaning in Japanese : ドロー draw meaning in Turkish : çekmek draw meaning in Chinese : 画 draw meaning in Arabic : رسم draw meaning in Polish : rysować draw meaning in Hindi : खींचना draw meaning in French : dessiner draw meaning in Russian : рисовать