1. to leave undone or leave out
Example : We dropped some tasks to finish the most important things on time.
2. to grow worse
Example : The quality is dropping.
3. to go down in value
Example : Stock prices dropped.
4. to cause to fall by or as if by delivering a blow
Example : I dropped my opponent in one punch.
5. to hang freely
Example : The bucket dropped from the wire.
6. a curtain that can be lowered and raised onto a stage from the flies
Example : Someone should iron the drop.
7. a steep high face of rock
Example : There is a huge drop over there.
8. a small indefinite quantity, especially of a liquid
Example : I added a drop of milk to my tea.
9. a shape that is spherical and small
Example : I studied the shapes of low-viscosity drops.
10. to give birth
Example : The mother dropped a lamb.
11. to let or cause to fall in drops
Example : I dropped the medicine on the patient's eye.
12. to fall or descend to a lower place or level without impact
Example : We dropped down 100 feet.
13. to pay out, or spend
Example : We dropped a lot of money last weekend.
14. a sudden sharp decrease in some quantity
Example : There was a drop of 57 points on the Dow Jones index.
15. a free and rapid descent by the force of gravity
Example : It was a miracle that they survived the drop from that height.
16. to stop pursuing or acting
Example : You better drop that lawsuit or I am going to have to counter sue.
17. to lower the pitch of musical notes
Example : We should drop this section a whole step.
18. to leave or unload
Example : I dropped off the load at the depo.
19. to get rid of, remove
Example : We had to drop them.
20. a central depository where things can be left or picked up
Example : Leave the load at the normal drop.
21. a predetermined hiding place for the deposit and distribution of illicit goods, such as drugs or stolen property
Example : They gave me the location and time for the drop.
22. to fall or sink into a state of exhaustion or death
Example : Shop until you drop.
23. to omit a letter or syllable in speaking or writing
Example : New Englanders drop their post-vocalic r's.
24. to utter with seeming casualness
Example : I tried to drop a hint, but they didn't get it.
25. to lose a game
Example : The Giants dropped 11 of their first 13.
26. to take a drug, especially LSD, by mouth
Example : I dropped acid when I was a teenager.
27. to fall vertically
Example : The bombs are dropping on enemy targets.
28. to let something fall uncontrolled to the ground, typically impacting the ground
Example : Don't drop the dishes.
29. to terminate an association with
Example : Drop them from the Republican ticket.
30. the act of dropping something
Example : They expected the drop would be successful.
Translation for "drop"
drop meaning in Spanish : soltar drop meaning in German : fallen drop meaning in Japanese : ドロップ drop meaning in Turkish : düşürmek drop meaning in Chinese : 下降 drop meaning in Arabic : قطرة drop meaning in Polish : upuszczać drop meaning in Hindi : ड्रॉप drop meaning in French : laissez tomber drop meaning in Russian : падение drop meaning in Tamil : கைவிட drop meaning in Telugu : డ్రాప్