1. deaden (a sound or noise), especially by wrapping 2. make numb or insensitive 3. (of business) not active or brisk
Example : business is dull (or slow)
4. slow to learn or understand 5. darkened with overcast 6. so lacking in interest as to cause mental weariness 7. being or made softer or less loud or clear
Example : the dull boom of distant breaking waves
8. not clear and resonant 9. become less interesting or attractive 10. emitting or reflecting very little light
Example : a dull glow
11. (of color) very low in saturation 12. not having a sharp edge or point
Example : the knife was too dull to be of any use
13. not keenly felt
Example : a dull throbbing
14. lacking in liveliness or animation
Example : They were so dull at parties.
15. blunted in responsiveness or sensibility
Example : a dull gaze
16. make less lively or vigorous
Example : Middle age dulled my appetite for travel.
17. become dull or lusterless in appearance 18. make dull in appearance
Example : Age had dulled the surface
19. make dull or blunt
Example : Too much cutting dulls the knife's edge
Translation for "dull"
dull meaning in Spanish : aburrido dull meaning in German : Stumpf dull meaning in Russian : тупой dull meaning in Portuguese : maçante dull meaning in Chinese : 平淡 dull meaning in Japanese : 鈍い dull meaning in Tamil : மந்தமான dull meaning in Arabic : ممل dull meaning in Turkish : donuk dull meaning in Hindi : कुंठित dull meaning in Telugu : నిస్తేజంగా dull meaning in French : terne