1. a piece of cloth that is left over after the rest has been used or sold 2. the concluding parts of an event or occurrence
Example : the end was exciting
3. (American football) a position on the line of scrimmage
Example : no one wanted to play end
4. the state of affairs that a plan is intended to achieve and that (when achieved) terminates behavior intended to achieve it
Example : the ends justify the means
5. the last section of a communication 6. either extremity of something that has length
Example : the end of the pier
7. a final state
Example : After a life of misdeeds, they came to a bad end.
8. the point in time at which something ends
Example : the end of the year
9. bring to an end or halt
Example : They ended our friendship when they found out that we had once been convicted of a crime.
10. put an end to
Example : The terrible news ended our hopes that there were survivors.
11. have an end, in a temporal, spatial, or quantitative sense 13. the part you are expected to play
Example : They held up their end of the bargain.
14. a final part or section
Example : we have given it at the end of the section since it involves the calculus
15. a boundary marking the extremities of something
Example : the end of town
16. the surface at either extremity of a three-dimensional object
Example : one end of the box was marked `This side up'
17. one of two places from which people are communicating to each other
Example : the phone rang at the other end
18. (football) the person who plays at one end of the line of scrimmage
Example : the end managed to hold onto the pass
Translation for "end"
end meaning in Spanish : fin end meaning in German : Ende end meaning in Japanese : 終わり end meaning in Turkish : son end meaning in Chinese : 结束 end meaning in Arabic : النهاية end meaning in Polish : koniec end meaning in Hindi : समाप्त end meaning in French : fin end meaning in Russian : конец end meaning in Tamil : இறுதியில் end meaning in Telugu : ముగింపు