2. a valve in a container in which pressure can build up (as a steam boiler) 3. escape potentially unpleasant consequences 4. the discharge of a fluid from some container
Example : they tried to stop the escape of gas from the damaged pipe
5. run away from confinement
Example : The convicted murderer escaped from a high security prison
6. the act of escaping physically
Example : I made my escape from the mental hospital.
7. an inclination to retreat from unpleasant realities through diversion or fantasy
Example : Romantic novels are my escape from the stress of daily life.
8. nonperformance of something distasteful (as by deceit or trickery) that you are supposed to do 10. remove oneself from a familiar environment, usually for pleasure or diversion
Example : We escaped to our summer house for a few days
11. be incomprehensible to
Example : escape understanding by
12. a means or way of getting out of a situation or physical restraints
Example : The escape from the forest was hard work.
13. an avoidance of danger or difficulty
Example : that was a narrow escape
14. a plant originally cultivated but now growing wild 15. issue or leak, as from a small opening
Example : Gas escaped into the bedroom
Translation for "escape"
escape meaning in Spanish : escapar escape meaning in German : Flucht escape meaning in Japanese : エスケープ escape meaning in Turkish : kaçış escape meaning in Chinese : 逃逸 escape meaning in Arabic : هرب escape meaning in Polish : ucieczka escape meaning in Hindi : पलायन escape meaning in French : échapper escape meaning in Russian : побег escape meaning in Tamil : தப்பிக்கும் escape meaning in Telugu : ఎస్కేప్