2. obtain from a substance, as by mechanical action
Example : Italians express coffee rather than filter it
3. rapid transport of goods 4. public transport consisting of a fast train or bus that makes only a few scheduled stops
Example : They caught the express to the big city.
5. mail that is distributed by a rapid and efficient system 7. serve as a means for expressing something 8. indicate through a symbol, formula, etc.
Example : Can you express this distance in kilometers?
9. by express
Example : please send the letter express
10. not tacit or implied
Example : My express wish is to be cremated.
11. without unnecessary stops
Example : an express train
12. send by rapid transport or special messenger service
Example : They expressed the letter to Florida.
13. to manifest the effects of a gene or genetic trait
Example : Many of the laboratory animals express the trait.
Translation for "express"
express meaning in Spanish : exprimir express meaning in German : ausdrücken express meaning in Japanese : 表現する express meaning in Turkish : ekspres express meaning in Chinese : 表达 express meaning in Arabic : التعبير express meaning in Polish : wyrazić express meaning in Hindi : व्यक्त express meaning in French : Express express meaning in Russian : экспресс express meaning in Tamil : வெளிப்படுத்த express meaning in Telugu : వ్యక్తం