1. deal with (something unpleasant) head on 2. the feelings expressed on a person's face 3. impudent aggressiveness 4. the front of the human head from the forehead to the chin and ear to ear
Example : Every morning, I wash my face.
5. a specific size and style of type within a type family 6. a contorted facial expression 7. a surface forming part of the outside of an object 8. present somebody with something, usually to accuse or criticize 9. oppose, as in hostility or a competition 10. be oriented in a certain direction, often with respect to another reference point 11. a vertical surface of a building or cliff 12. the side upon which the use of a thing depends, usually the most prominent surface of an object
Example : I dealt the cards face down.
13. the striking or working surface of an implement 14. the general outward appearance of something
Example : the face of the city is changing
15. status in the eyes of others
Example : The company lost face after its latest debacle.
16. the part of an animal corresponding to the human face 17. a part of a person that is used to refer to a person
Example : The actor looked out at a roomful of faces.
18. cover the front or surface of
Example : The building was faced with beautiful stones
19. line the edge (of a garment) with a different material
Example : face the lapels of the jacket
20. turn so as to face
Example : turn the face in a certain direction
21. turn so as to expose the face
Example : face a playing card
Translation for "face"
face meaning in Spanish : cara face meaning in German : Gesicht face meaning in Japanese : 面 face meaning in Turkish : yüz face meaning in Chinese : 面对 face meaning in Arabic : وجه face meaning in Polish : Twarz face meaning in Hindi : चेहरा face meaning in French : visage face meaning in Russian : лицо face meaning in Tamil : முகம் face meaning in Telugu : ముఖం