1. unrestrained by convention or morality 3. firmly or closely
Example : held fast to the rope
4. securely fixed in place 6. unwavering in devotion to friend or vow or cause 7. quickly or rapidly, which is often used as a combining form
Example : How fast can they get here?
8. (of a photographic lens or emulsion) causing a shortening of exposure time
Example : a fast lens
9. acting or moving or capable of acting or moving quickly
Example : fast film
10. at a rapid tempo
Example : the band played a fast fox trot
11. indicating a time ahead of or later than the correct time
Example : My watch is always fast.
12. resistant to destruction or fading
Example : fast colors
13. (of surfaces) conducive to rapid speeds
Example : a fast road
14. abstain from eating
Example : Before the medical exam, you must fast
15. abstain from certain foods, as for religious or medical reasons
Example : Catholics sometimes fast during Lent
Translation for "fast"
fast meaning in Spanish : rápido fast meaning in German : schnell fast meaning in Japanese : 速い fast meaning in Turkish : hızlı fast meaning in Chinese : 快速 fast meaning in Arabic : بسرعة fast meaning in Polish : szybki fast meaning in Hindi : उपवास fast meaning in French : vite fast meaning in Russian : быстро fast meaning in Tamil : வேகமாக fast meaning in Telugu : ఫాస్ట్