1. a crack in the earth's crust resulting from the displacement of one side with respect to the other
Example : They built it right over a geological fault.
2. an imperfection in an object or machine
Example : The toaster has a number of faults â€“ I had to take it back to the retailer.
3. a wrong action attributable to bad judgment, ignorance, or inattention 4. the quality of being inadequate or falling short of perfection
Example : I have a number of faults in my personality.
5. to put or pin the blame on
Example : I couldn't fault the intern for the mistakes that had been made.
6. in tennis, a serve that is illegal, e.g one that lands outside the prescribed area
Example : They served too many double faults.
7. responsibility for a bad situation or event
Example : The mistake was completely my fault.
8. in electronics, equipment failure attributable to some defect in a circuit, such as a loose connection, insulation failure or short circuit
Example : It took much longer to find the fault than to fix it.
Translation for "fault"
fault meaning in Spanish : culpa fault meaning in German : Fehler fault meaning in Japanese : 欠点 fault meaning in Turkish : arıza fault meaning in Chinese : 故障 fault meaning in Arabic : خطأ fault meaning in Polish : wina fault meaning in Hindi : दोष fault meaning in French : faute fault meaning in Russian : придираться fault meaning in Tamil : குற்றம் fault meaning in Telugu : తప్పు