2. make a mathematical calculation or computation 4. language used in a figurative or nonliteral sense 5. a well-known or notable person 6. a decorative or artistic work 7. the property possessed by a sum or total or indefinite quantity of units or individuals 8. alternative names for the body of a human being 9. a diagram or picture illustrating textual material 10. one of the elements that collectively form a system of numeration 11. be or play a part of or in
Example : Elections figure prominently in every government program
12. a predetermined set of movements in dancing or skating
Example : I made the best score on compulsory figures.
13. a model of a bodily form, especially of a person
Example : I made a figure of my favorite footballer.
14. the impression produced by a person
Example : Their figure was striking against the new fallen snow.
15. a unitary percept having structure and coherence that is the object of attention and that stands out against a ground 16. an amount of money expressed numerically
Example : a figure of $17 was suggested
17. a combination of points and lines and planes that form a visible palpable shape 18. understand
Example : We didn't figure them.
Translation for "figure"
figure meaning in Spanish : figura figure meaning in German : Zahl figure meaning in Japanese : 図 figure meaning in Turkish : şekil figure meaning in Chinese : 数字 figure meaning in Arabic : الشكل figure meaning in Polish : postać figure meaning in Hindi : आकृति figure meaning in French : figure figure meaning in Russian : фигура figure meaning in Tamil : எண்ணிக்கை figure meaning in Telugu : ఫిగర్