1. finally be or do something 2. a highly developed state of perfection 3. have an end, in a temporal, spatial, or quantitative sense 4. a decorative texture or appearance of a surface, or the substance that gives it that appearance
Example : The boat had a metallic finish.
5. finish eating all the food on one's plate or on the table 6. the act of finishing
Example : My best finish in a major tournament was third.
7. event whose occurrence ends something 8. the place designated as the end (as of a race or journey)
Example : a crowd assembled at the finish
10. come or bring to a finish or an end
Example : I finished the dishes.
11. (wine tasting) the taste of a wine on the back of the tongue (as it is swallowed)
Example : the wine has a nutty flavor and a pleasant finish
12. the downfall of someone (as of persons on one side of a conflict)
Example : booze will be the finish of him
13. designated event that concludes a contest (especially a race)
Example : excitement grew as the finish neared
14. cause to finish a relationship with somebody
Example : That finished me with Mary
15. provide with a finish
Example : The carpenter finished the table beautifully
Translation for "finish"
finish meaning in Spanish : terminar finish meaning in German : Fertig finish meaning in Japanese : 終える finish meaning in Turkish : bitiş finish meaning in Chinese : 完 finish meaning in Arabic : إنهاء finish meaning in Polish : koniec finish meaning in Hindi : समाप्त finish meaning in French : terminer finish meaning in Russian : Конец finish meaning in Tamil : பூச்சு finish meaning in Telugu : ముగింపు