1. provide with (something) usually for a specific purpose 2. (usually followed by `to' or `for') on the point of or strongly disposed 3. a sudden uncontrollable attack 4. a display of bad temper
Example : They had a fit.
5. make fit
Example : fit a dress
6. satisfy a condition or restriction 7. a sudden flurry of activity, often for no obvious reason
Example : There is another fit happening downtown.
8. make correspond or harmonize 9. be compatible, similar or consistent 10. be the right size or shape
Example : fit correctly or as desired
11. be agreeable or acceptable to 12. physically and mentally sound or healthy
Example : felt relaxed and fit after their holiday
13. meeting adequate standards for a purpose
Example : a fit subject for discussion
14. the manner in which something fits
Example : I admired the fit of the coat, but couldn't afford it.
15. insert or adjust several objects or people
Example : Can you fit the toy into the box?
16. conform to some shape or size
Example : How does this shirt fit?
Translation for "fit"
fit meaning in Spanish : ajuste fit meaning in German : passen fit meaning in Japanese : フィット fit meaning in Turkish : uygun fit meaning in Chinese : 适合 fit meaning in Arabic : لائق بدنيا fit meaning in Polish : dopasowanie fit meaning in Hindi : फिट fit meaning in French : en forme fit meaning in Russian : поместиться fit meaning in Tamil : பொருந்தும் fit meaning in Telugu : సరిపోయే