1. restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken 2. informal terms for a difficult situation
Example : The dog got into a terrible fix.
4. decide upon or fix definitely
Example : fix the variables
5. prepare for eating by applying heat 6. take vengeance on or get even 7. put (something somewhere) firmly 8. cause to be firmly attached 9. a determination of the place where something is
Example : We got a good fix on the target.
10. the act of putting something in working order again 11. make ready or suitable or equip in advance for a particular purpose or for some use, event, etc 12. make fixed, stable or stationary
Example : let's fix the picture to the frame
13. an exemption granted after influence (e.g., money) is brought to bear
Example : collusion resulted in tax fixes for gamblers
14. something craved, especially an intravenous injection of a narcotic drug
Example : They needed a fix of chocolate after abstaining from sweets.
15. kill, preserve, and harden (tissue) in order to prepare for microscopic study 16. set or place definitely
Example : Let's fix the date for the party!
17. influence an event or its outcome by illegal means
Example : fix a race
Translation for "fix"
fix meaning in Spanish : fijar fix meaning in German : Fix fix meaning in Japanese : 直す fix meaning in Turkish : düzeltmek fix meaning in Chinese : 固定 fix meaning in Arabic : حل fix meaning in Polish : naprawić fix meaning in Hindi : ठीक कर fix meaning in French : réparer fix meaning in Russian : фиксировать fix meaning in Tamil : சரி fix meaning in Telugu : పరిష్కరించడానికి