1. a lamp for providing momentary light to take a photograph 2. a short news announcement concerning some on-going news story 3. a gaudy outward display 4. tastelessly showy
Example : a flash car
5. a burst of light used to communicate or illuminate 6. a short vivid experience
Example : a flash of emotion swept over him
7. a very short time (as the time it takes the eye to blink or the heart to beat)
Example : if I had the chance I'd do it in a flash
8. appear briefly
Example : The headlines flashed on the screen
9. run or move very quickly or hastily 11. gleam or glow intermittently
Example : The lights were flashing
12. a bright patch of color used for decoration or identification
Example : red flashes adorned the airplane
13. a momentary brightness 14. a sudden brilliant understanding
Example : We had a flash of intuition when we finally realized how electricity flows from two terminal ends.
15. a sudden intense burst of radiant energy 16. emit a brief burst of light
Example : A shooting star flashed and was gone
17. make known or cause to appear with great speed
Example : The latest intelligence is flashed to all command posts
18. protect by covering with a thin sheet of metal
Example : flash the roof
19. expose or show briefly
Example : They flashed some money and started receiving useful answers.
Translation for "flash"
flash meaning in Spanish : destello flash meaning in German : Blitz flash meaning in Russian : вспышка flash meaning in Portuguese : instantâneo flash meaning in Chinese : 闪 flash meaning in Japanese : フラッシュ flash meaning in Tamil : ஃபிளாஷ் flash meaning in Arabic : فلاش flash meaning in Turkish : flaş flash meaning in Hindi : फ़्लैश flash meaning in Telugu : ఫ్లాష్ flash meaning in French : flash