1. turn upside down, or throw so as to reverse
Example : flip over the pork chop
2. reverse (a direction, attitude, or course of action) 3. go mad, go crazy
Example : They flipped when they heard that they were being laid off.
4. react in an excited, delighted, or surprised way
Example : I flipped when I heard that I was accepted into my first choice university.
5. cause to go on or to be engaged or set in operation 6. throw or toss with a light motion
Example : flip me the beachball
7. lightly throw to see which side comes up
Example : I don't know what to do--I may as well flip a coin!
8. cause to move with a flick 9. toss with a sharp movement so as to cause to turn over in the air 10. look through a book or other written material 11. marked by casual disrespect
Example : a flip answer to serious question
12. (sports) the act of throwing the ball to another member of your team 13. an acrobatic feat in which the feet roll over the head (either forward or backward) and return 14. the act of flipping a coin 15. move with a flick or light motion 16. a dive in which the diver somersaults before entering the water 17. a sudden, quick movement
Example : with a flip of the wrist
18. hot or cold alcoholic mixed drink containing a beaten egg
Translation for "flip"
flip meaning in Spanish : dar la vuelta flip meaning in German : Flip flip meaning in Russian : кувырок flip meaning in Portuguese : giro flip meaning in Chinese : 翻动 flip meaning in Japanese : 弾く flip meaning in Tamil : பிளிப் flip meaning in Arabic : يواجه flip meaning in Turkish : fiske flip meaning in Hindi : फ्लिप flip meaning in Telugu : ఫ్లిప్ flip meaning in French : retourner