"float" Meaning in English
1. a drink with ice cream floating in it 2. an air-filled sac near the spinal column in many fishes that helps maintain buoyancy 3. a hand tool with a flat face used for smoothing and finishing the surface of plaster or cement or stucco 4. be in motion due to some air or water current 5. be afloat either on or below a liquid surface and not sink to the bottom 6. something that floats on the surface of water 7. an elaborate display mounted on a platform carried by a truck (or pulled by a truck) in a procession or parade 8. the number of shares outstanding and available for trading by the public 9. the time interval between the deposit of a check in a bank and its payment 10. convert from a fixed point notation to a floating point notation
Example : float data
11. allow (currencies) to fluctuate
Example : The government floated the ruble for a few months
12. make the surface of level or smooth
Example : float the plaster
13. put into the water
Example : float a ship
14. move lightly, as if suspended
Example : The dancer floated across the stage
15. set afloat
Example : The sawyers floated the logs down the river to the mill.
16. circulate or discuss tentatively
Translation for "float"
float meaning in Spanish : flotador float meaning in German : schweben float meaning in Japanese : 浮く float meaning in Turkish : şamandıra float meaning in Chinese : 浮动 float meaning in Arabic : تطفو float meaning in Polish : pływak float meaning in Hindi : नाव float meaning in French : flotte float meaning in Russian : поплавок float meaning in Tamil : மிதவை float meaning in Telugu : ఫ్లోట్
Examples containing "float"There are no examples. You can write here and submit.
You can write here and submit more examples.