1. the inside lower horizontal surface (as of a room, hallway, tent, or other structure)
Example : they needed rugs to cover the bare floors
2. a structure consisting of a room or set of rooms at a single position along a vertical scale 3. a large room in a exchange where the trading is done
Example : They are a floor trader.
4. a lower limit
Example : the government established a wage floor
7. the legislative hall where members debate and vote and conduct other business
Example : there was a motion from the floor
8. the parliamentary right to address an assembly
Example : The chair granted the speaker the floor.
9. the occupants of a floor
Example : the whole floor complained about the lack of heat
10. the bottom surface of any lake or other body of water 11. the ground on which people and animals move about
Example : the fire spared the forest floor
12. the lower inside surface of any hollow structure
Example : the floor of the pelvis
Translation for "floor"
floor meaning in Spanish : piso floor meaning in German : Fußboden floor meaning in Japanese : 床 floor meaning in Turkish : zemin floor meaning in Chinese : 地板 floor meaning in Arabic : أرضية floor meaning in Polish : podłoga floor meaning in Hindi : मंज़िल floor meaning in French : sol floor meaning in Russian : этаж floor meaning in Tamil : தரை floor meaning in Telugu : ఫ్లోర్