1. be the successor (of)
Example : Carter followed Ford
2. act in accordance with someone's rules, commands, or wishes 4. perform an accompaniment to
Example : The orchestra could barely follow the frequent pitch changes of the soprano
6. work in a specific place, with a specific subject, or in a specific function 7. follow with the eyes or the mind 8. to be the product or result 9. be later in time
Example : Tuesday always follows Monday
10. come as a logical consequence
Example : follow logically
11. come after in time, as a result
Example : A terrible tsunami followed the earthquake
13. behave in accordance or in agreement with 14. follow, discover, or ascertain the course of development of something
Example : We must follow closely the economic development is Cuba
16. travel along a certain course
Example : follow the road
17. follow in or as if in pursuit 18. keep under surveillance
Example : The police had been following the suspect for weeks, but they could not prove their involvement in the bombing.
19. adhere to or practice
Example : These people still follow the laws of their ancient religion
20. accept and follow the leadership or command or guidance of
Example : Let's follow our great helmsman!
21. be next
Example : Mary plays best, with John and Sue following
22. to bring something about at a later time than
Example : I followed dinner with a brandy.
23. grasp the meaning
Example : Can you follow their argument?
24. to travel behind, go after, come after
Example : The ducklings followed their mother around the pond
Translation for "follow"
follow meaning in Spanish : seguir follow meaning in German : Folgen follow meaning in Japanese : フォローする follow meaning in Turkish : takip et follow meaning in Chinese : 跟随 follow meaning in Arabic : إتبع follow meaning in Polish : śledzić follow meaning in Hindi : का पालन करें follow meaning in French : suivre follow meaning in Russian : следовать follow meaning in Tamil : பின்பற்ற follow meaning in Telugu : అనుసరించండి