1. a life-size dummy used to display clothes 2. a body of students who are taught together 3. develop into a distinctive entity 4. a category of things distinguished by some common characteristic or quality
Example : sculpture is a form of art
5. the phonological or orthographic sound or appearance of a word that can be used to describe or identify something
Example : the inflected forms of a word can be represented by a stem and a list of inflections to be attached
6. create (as an entity)
Example : social groups form everywhere
7. (physical chemistry) a distinct state of matter in a system 9. make something, usually for a specific function 10. to compose or represent:'This wall forms the background of the stage setting' 11. the spatial arrangement of something as distinct from its substance 12. the visual appearance of something or someone 13. any spatial attributes (especially as defined by outline) 14. alternative names for the body of a human being 15. a perceptual structure
Example : the composition presents problems for students of musical form
16. (biology) a group of organisms within a species that differ in trivial ways from similar groups 17. assume a form or shape
Example : the water formed little beads
18. establish or impress firmly in the mind 19. a mold for setting concrete
Example : they built elaborate forms for pouring the foundation
20. a particular mode in which something is manifested
Example : My resentment took the form of extreme hostility.
21. an ability to perform well
Example : They were at the top of their form.
22. a printed document with spaces in which to write
Example : The tax form had complicated instructions for us to fill it out.
23. an arrangement of the elements in a composition or discourse
Example : the essay was in the form of a dialogue
Translation for "form"
form meaning in Spanish : formar form meaning in German : bilden form meaning in Japanese : 形 form meaning in Turkish : form form meaning in Chinese : 形成 form meaning in Arabic : شكل form meaning in Polish : Formularz form meaning in Hindi : प्रपत्र form meaning in French : forme form meaning in Russian : форма form meaning in Tamil : வடிவம் form meaning in Telugu : రూపం