2. send or ship onward from an intermediate post or station in transit
Example : forward my mail
3. in a forward direction 4. at or to or toward the front
Example : I like to face forward on trains.
5. toward the future
Example : forward in time
6. forward in time or order or degree 7. near or toward the bow of a ship or cockpit of a plane
Example : the captain went fore (or forward) to check the instruments
8. a position on a basketball, soccer, or hockey team 9. the person who plays the position of forward in certain games, such as basketball, soccer, or hockey 10. at or near or directed toward the front
Example : the forward section of the aircraft
11. of the transmission gear causing forward movement in a motor vehicle
Example : in a forward gear
12. used of temperament or behavior
Translation for "forward"
forward meaning in Spanish : adelante forward meaning in German : nach vorne forward meaning in Japanese : 進む forward meaning in Turkish : ileri forward meaning in Chinese : 向前 forward meaning in Arabic : إلى الأمام forward meaning in Polish : Naprzód forward meaning in Hindi : आगे forward meaning in French : vers l'avant forward meaning in Russian : вперед forward meaning in Tamil : முன்னோக்கி forward meaning in Telugu : ఎదురు