2. a mental representation of a haunting experience
Example : The ghost of my experience in the war followed me.
3. a hint of a particular quality
Example : There was a ghost of happiness in the film.
4. a writer who gives the credit of authorship to someone else
Example : The celebrity's autobiography was, in fact, written by a ghost.
5. write for someone else
Example : How many books have you ghosted so far?
6. to leave a gathering without saying goodbye
Example : They ghosted an hour ago.
7. the visible disembodied soul of a dead person
Example : The ghost of Banquo appeared during the feast.
8. move like a ghost
Example : The masked men ghosted across the moonlit yard
Translation for "ghost"
ghost meaning in Spanish : fantasma ghost meaning in German : Geist ghost meaning in Japanese : 幽霊 ghost meaning in Turkish : hayalet ghost meaning in Chinese : 鬼 ghost meaning in Arabic : شبح ghost meaning in Polish : duch ghost meaning in Hindi : भूत ghost meaning in French : fantôme ghost meaning in Russian : призрак ghost meaning in Tamil : பேய் ghost meaning in Telugu : దెయ్యం