1. the physical composition of something (especially with respect to the size and shape of the small constituents of a substance) 2. foodstuff prepared from the starchy grains of cereal grasses 3. dry seed-like fruit produced by the cereal grasses: e.g. wheat, barley, Indian corn 4. a weight unit used for pearls or diamonds: 50 mg or 1/4 carat 7. thoroughly work in
Example : Their hands were grained with dirt.
8. the direction, texture, or pattern of fibers found in wood or leather or stone or in a woven fabric
Example : saw the board across the grain
9. the smallest possible unit of anything
Example : There was a grain of truth in what I said.
10. a relatively small granular particle of a substance
Example : a grain of sand
11. a cereal grass
Example : wheat is a grain that is grown in Kansas
12. 1/7000 pound
Example : equals a troy grain or 64.799 milligrams
13. 1/60 dram
Example : equals an avoirdupois grain or 64.799 milligrams
14. the side of leather from which the hair has been removed 15. paint (a surface) to make it look like stone or wood
Translation for "grain"
grain meaning in Spanish : grano grain meaning in German : Korn grain meaning in Japanese : 粒 grain meaning in Turkish : tahıl grain meaning in Chinese : 粮食 grain meaning in Arabic : حبوب grain meaning in Polish : ziarno grain meaning in Hindi : अनाज grain meaning in French : grain grain meaning in Russian : зерно grain meaning in Tamil : தானிய grain meaning in Telugu : ధాన్యం