1. of an achromatic color of any lightness intermediate between the extremes of white and black
Example : the little grey cells
2. a neutral achromatic color midway between white and black 3. intermediate in character or position
Example : a grey area between clearly legal and strictly illegal
4. used to signify the Confederate forces in the American Civil War (who wore grey uniforms)
Example : a stalwart grey figure
5. showing characteristics of age, especially having grey or white hair 6. horse of a light gray or whitish color 7. clothing that is a grey color
Example : We was dressed in grey.
8. any organization or party whose uniforms or badges are grey
Example : the Confederate army was a vast grey
9. to turn grey
Example : Their hair began to grey.
10. make grey
Example : The painter decided to grey the sky
Translation for "grey"
grey meaning in Spanish : gris grey meaning in German : grau grey meaning in Russian : серый grey meaning in Portuguese : cinzento grey meaning in Chinese : 灰色 grey meaning in Japanese : グレー grey meaning in Tamil : சாம்பல் grey meaning in Arabic : اللون الرمادي grey meaning in Turkish : gri grey meaning in Hindi : धूसर grey meaning in Telugu : బూడిద grey meaning in French : gris