2. a special way of doing something 3. hold on tightly or tenaciously
Example : hang on to your father's hands
4. cause to be hanging or suspended 5. fall or flow in a certain way
Example : This dress hangs well
6. kill by hanging
Example : The murderer was hanged on Friday
7. a gymnastic exercise performed on the rings or horizontal bar or parallel bars when the gymnast's weight is supported by the arms 8. the way a garment hangs
Example : They adjusted the hang of their coat.
9. suspend (meat) in order to get a gamey taste
Example : hang the venison for a few days
10. place in position as by a hinge so as to allow free movement in one direction
Example : hang a door
11. be placed in position as by a hinge
Example : This cabinet door doesn't hang right!
12. be suspended or poised 13. be suspended or hanging 14. decorate or furnish with something suspended 16. prevent from reaching a verdict, of a jury 17. be menacing, burdensome, or oppressive
Example : This worry hangs on my mind
18. be exhibited
Example : Picasso hangs in this new wing of the museum
Translation for "hang"
hang meaning in Spanish : colgar hang meaning in German : hängen hang meaning in Japanese : ハング hang meaning in Turkish : asmak hang meaning in Chinese : 挂 hang meaning in Arabic : علق hang meaning in Polish : powiesić hang meaning in Hindi : लटकना hang meaning in French : pendre hang meaning in Russian : вешать hang meaning in Tamil : செயலிழப்பு hang meaning in Telugu : హ్యాంగ్