1. that which is responsible for one's thoughts and feelings 2. a natural elevation (especially a rocky one that juts out into the sea) 3. the educator who has executive authority for a school 4. the source of water from which a stream arises
Example : We tracked them back toward the head of the stream.
5. a person who is in charge
Example : the head of the whole operation
6. be in charge of
Example : Who is heading this project?
7. the part in the front or nearest the viewer 8. a dense cluster of flowers or foliage
Example : a head of cauliflower
11. be the first or leading member of (a group) and excel
Example : This student heads the class
12. oral stimulation of the genitals
Example : They lamented their sexless lives and talked about their fantasies of receiving head.
13. a membrane that is stretched taut over a drum 14. (computer science) a tiny electromagnetic coil and metal pole used to write and read magnetic patterns on a disk 15. the upper part of the human body or the front part of the body in animals 16. (grammar) the word in a grammatical constituent that plays the same grammatical role as the whole constituent 17. a line of text serving to indicate what the passage below it is about
Example : the heading seemed to have little to do with the text
18. the subject matter at issue 19. a V-shaped mark at one end of an arrow pointer 20. forward movement
Example : the ship made little headway against the gale
22. the front of a military formation or procession
Example : the head of the column advanced boldly
23. the top of something
Example : the head of the stairs
24. the foam or froth that accumulates at the top when you pour an effervescent liquid into a container
Example : the beer had a large head of foam
25. a rounded compact mass
Example : the head of a comet
26. a user of usually soft drugs
Example : The office was full of secret heads.
27. an individual person
Example : tickets are $5 per head
28. the pressure exerted by a fluid
Example : a head of steam
29. the length or height based on the size of a human or animal head
Example : I am two heads taller than my siblings.
30. the tip of an abscess (where the pus accumulates) 31. remove the head of
Example : head the fish
32. to go or travel towards
Example : Where are we heading?
33. form a head or come or grow to a head
Example : The wheat headed early this year
34. be in the front of or on top of
Example : The list was headed by the name of the president
35. take its rise
Example : These rivers head from a mountain range in the Himalayas
36. a single domestic animal
Example : 200 head of cattle
37. a projection out from one end
Example : the head of the nail, a pinhead is the head of a pin
38. (nautical) a toilet on board a boat or ship 39. the striking part of a tool
Example : the head of the hammer
40. (usually plural) the obverse side of a coin that usually bears the representation of a person's head
Example : call heads or tails!
41. that part of a skeletal muscle that is away from the bone that it moves 42. the rounded end of a bone that fits into a rounded cavity in another bone to form a joint
Example : the head of the humerus
Translation for "head"
head meaning in Spanish : cabeza head meaning in German : Kopf head meaning in Japanese : 頭 head meaning in Turkish : kafa head meaning in Chinese : 头 head meaning in Arabic : رئيس head meaning in Polish : głowa head meaning in Hindi : सिर head meaning in French : tête head meaning in Russian : голова head meaning in Tamil : தலை head meaning in Telugu : తల