1. (astrology) one of 12 equal areas into which the zodiac is divided 2. a social unit living together 3. provide housing for
Example : The immigrants were housed in a new development outside the town
4. a building where theatrical performances or motion-picture shows can be presented
Example : the house was full
5. the members of a business organization that owns or operates one or more establishments
Example : They worked for a brokerage house.
6. play in which children take the roles of father or mother or children and pretend to interact like adults
Example : the children were playing house
7. a dwelling that serves as living quarters for one or more families
Example : They have a house on Cape Cod.
8. a building in which something is sheltered or located
Example : they had a large carriage house
9. aristocratic family line 10. an official assembly having legislative powers
Example : a bicameral legislature has two houses
11. the audience gathered together in a theatre or cinema
Example : the house applauded
12. the members of a religious community living together 13. the management of a gambling house or casino
Example : the house gets a percentage of every bet
14. contain or cover
Example : This box houses the gears
Translation for "house"
house meaning in Spanish : casa house meaning in German : Haus house meaning in Japanese : 家 house meaning in Turkish : ev house meaning in Chinese : 屋 house meaning in Arabic : منزل house meaning in Polish : dom house meaning in Hindi : मकान house meaning in French : maison house meaning in Russian : жилой дом house meaning in Tamil : வீட்டில் house meaning in Telugu : హౌస్