1. the activity of looking thoroughly in order to find something or someone 2. the pursuit and killing or capture of wild animals regarded as a sport 3. the work of finding and killing or capturing animals for food or pelts 4. an association of huntsmen who hunt for sport 5. pursue for food or sport (as of wild animals)
Example : Goering often hunted wild boars in Poland
6. pursue or chase relentlessly
Example : The hunters traced the deer into the woods
7. an instance of searching for something
Example : the hunt for submarines
8. search an area for prey
Example : The monarch used to hunt these forests.
9. seek, search for
Example : I hunted for my reading glasses but was unable to locate them.
10. oscillate about a desired speed, position, or state to an undesirable extent
Example : The oscillator hunts about the correct frequency
11. yaw back and forth about a flight path 12. chase away, with as with force
Example : They hunted the unwanted immigrants out of the neighborhood
Translation for "hunt"
hunt meaning in Spanish : cazar hunt meaning in German : jagen hunt meaning in Russian : охота hunt meaning in Portuguese : caçar hunt meaning in Chinese : 狩猎 hunt meaning in Japanese : ハント hunt meaning in Tamil : வேட்டை hunt meaning in Arabic : مطاردة hunt meaning in Turkish : av hunt meaning in Hindi : शिकार hunt meaning in Telugu : వేట hunt meaning in French : chasse