1. a visual representation of an object, scene, person or abstraction, produced on a surface
Example : The photographer printed the image on pieces of tin.
2. a standard or typical example 3. (mathematics) the set of values of the dependent variable for which a function is defined
Example : the image of f(x) = x^2 is the set of all non-negative real numbers if the domain of the function is the set of all real numbers
4. a representation of a person (especially in the form of sculpture) 5. (Jungian psychology) a personal facade that one presents to the world
Example : a public image is as fragile as Humpty Dumpty
6. an iconic mental representation
Example : My imagination forced images upon myself too awful to contemplate.
7. language used in a figurative or nonliteral sense 8. someone who closely resembles a famous person (especially an actor) 10. the general impression that something presents to the public
Example : Bad customer service can harm a company's image.
11. render visible, as by means of MRI
Translation for "image"
image meaning in Spanish : imagen image meaning in German : Bild image meaning in Japanese : 画像 image meaning in Turkish : görüntü image meaning in Chinese : 图片 image meaning in Arabic : صورة image meaning in Polish : obraz image meaning in Hindi : छवि image meaning in French : image image meaning in Russian : образ image meaning in Tamil : படத்தை image meaning in Telugu : చిత్రం